Experience the beauty of island life on the beautiful island of Mljet, one of the largest islands in South Dalmatia. The immediate vicinity of the city of Dubrovnik, the island of Korčula, Pelješac peninsula and the Elaphite Islands, makes it an extremely attractive holiday destination. Numerous untouched beaches and hidden coves of this enchanting island are perfect for all-day enjoyment in the sun and clear sea.
Mljet is known as an island of diverse fauna and flora and is considered the greenest Croatian island. It is covered with endless forests of pine, Aleppo and holm oak. The entire western part of the island belongs to Mljet National Park, the first Adriatic national park that includes the main passenger and tourist port of Polače, the village of Goveđare, the town of Soline and the port and the former fishing village of Pomena. The park is unique with its indented coastline with numerous cliffs, islets and collapsed caves, so-called garmas. Veliko and Malo jezero are unique sea lakes, a geological and oceanographic phenomenon, the most visited place on the island of Mljet. On the south side of the Veliko jezero lies St. Mary, a small island with the remains of a Roman building and a Benedictine monastery built in the 12th century. Polače is home to the location of the best natural anchorage on the Adriatic and the Roman Palace, a fortification unit consisting of an ancient palace, two early Christian basilicas, a spa, a galley warehouse and the remains of a pier. The fantastic landscape of the island of Mljet is ideal for various outdoor activities from walking and hiking, through mountain biking on macadam field roads and panoramic rides on paved roads to kayaking and canoeing on the Veliko and Malo Lakes and diving in the seabed of the island of Mljet which Jacques Cousteau declared one of the world's most beautiful diving destinations. The abundance of caves makes Mljet a real paradise for speleologists.
What awaits you on the island of Mljet:
- untouched and rich Mediterranean nature in the form of endless pine forests on the island of Mljet in Croatia
- numerous pebble beaches and bays with crystal clear sea and the shade of pine trees, that cannot be found anywhere else in Dalmatia such as Okuklja, Prožur, Sobra and Polača and Sutmiholjska and Garma
- enchanting underwater world with the largest coral reef in the Mediterranean, a paradise for diving lovers
- cycling routes, hiking routes, sea perfect for kayaking and canoeing on the island of Mljet in Croatia
- one of the main tourist attractions of the Mljet National Park, called Jama or Odysseus Cave, which can be reached by small boat, kayak or steep stairs and where you can swim
- the mystical character of the island mirrored in its numerous archaeological sites as well as through legends of its history, among which is the legend of Odysseus who was thrown to the island of Ogygia after a shipwreck, which is speculated to be the island of Mljet
- top gastronomy with scrumptious delicacies and wines on the island of Mljet in Croatia
The island of Mljet, with all its natural and cultural beauties, offers beautiful accommodation in the form of villas with private pools, ideal for a relaxing holiday away from hectic everyday life and routine. Whether you want to spend an active or passive vacation, villas on the island of Mljet will meet all your expectations. Beautifully decorated ambience with modern and traditional elements reflecting the romantic spirit of the island's way of life will delight every guest looking for a holiday on the green island of Mljet. Villa with a private pool and sauna located in the National Park Mljet promises a vacation you could only dream of. Spend a holiday on a property separated from the world, enjoying a refreshing swim in the pool or relax on one of the many beaches enjoying the sun. Your beautiful villa awaits you as an oasis to which you can return at the end of the day to enjoy your luxury accommodation with pool. Croatia offers you luxury holiday home. Book a luxury holiday home and enjoy the vacation of your life!
Why you should book a villa with pool on the island of Mljet in Croatia for vacation:
- personally selected villas based on their immaculate offer and design
- simple and safe booking of accommodation
- our agents are available to talk 24/7, we are at your disposal for any questions
- complete privacy during your stay in luxury houses in Croatia
- stunning offer of unique villas with luxurious ambience and various contents: private infinity pool, sauna for relaxation, outdoor dining, terraces with a view
- best prices for luxury houses in Croatia